Wedding Décor Couture by Bryan Chew
Bryan Chew’s Profile
At a young age of 24, Bryan inherited his family’s floral business. To aid him in his floral design and creative skills, Bryan completed a series of workshops with renowned flower design centers both in Asia and Europe. His tremendous growth in the floral industry has made him a force to reckon with in the field of creative floral arrangements from small- to large-scale events.
Over the last 15 years, he has experiences particularly in destination décor, which requires exquisite tailor-made design to suit the specific ambience. Also, he has undoubtedly expanded into first-aid flowers and customizing designs when unforeseen circumstances occur that can still spice up the theme and ambience perfectly. His impeccable work has earned him numerous requests to various locations such as Bali, Cambodia, Singapore, and throughout Malaysia to decorate for corporate and wedding events.
Academic & Other Achievements
In chronological order:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration with a major in Finance, from University of Nebraska–Lincoln, U.S.A in May 1997.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) with a triple-major in Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS), and International Business, from University of Nebraska–Lincoln, U.S.A. in May 2000.
- Completed Western/European Basic and Design course under the syllabus of Tokyo Flower Design Center in 1992 and 1993.
- Instructor of Ohara Ikebana School since 1993.
- Assisted Master Gregor Lersch, AIFD, in his 3-day floral design workshop in Beijing, China, in June 2002.
- Committee member of Penang Ohara Floral Art Society from 2002 – 2008.
- Attended the 2-day Bridal Design Workshop in Penang by Damien Koh, PFCI, AIFD, CFD, Singapore in May 2004.
- Attended the 1-day Bridal Design Workshop in Penang by Cindy Chao, AIFD, Macau in October 2005.
- Attended the 2-day workshop in Penang on wedding bouquets and Minimalism & Zikamori Table Setting by Ikuyo Nakase, AIFD, Tokyo Flower Design Center, Japan in October 2008.
- President of World Flower Council, Malaysia Chapter since 2009 until today.
- Being the first Asian to be awarded the Symposium Scholarship to attend the 2017 AIFD National Symposium in Seattle, Washington on July 1-5, 2017.
- Completed the AIFD Symposium ‘X’ workshops and program on July 1-5, 2017.